Friday 5 May 2017

Grandparents, like mine

Family

I feel very lucky to have parents like mine, as grandparents for Lily. The love they have for Lily makes my heart full of pride. They not only are super grandparents but the kindest, most supportive parents I could wish for. Being a Mum is full of challenges and fun, and I strongly believe it takes a village to raise a child, with their support and love I feel I can be the very best mum to Lily. The support of my family has been paramount as I have struggled with my health, sometimes leaving my parents to look after Lily for weeks at a time while I was kept in hospital. Lily is so fortunate to have a very special bond with her Grandparents. For Lily, growing up just round the corner from my parents house has endless perks. She's counting down the days until I let her walk to their house by herself.

A Family Portrait By Lily 2017


Lily's Grumpa (Grumps for short) loves nothing more than taking Lily on adventures and getting up to mischief, whether its running 5k with the dogs, climbing to the tops of trees or just hanging out together on road trips. The memories Lily has shared with her Grumpa will last a lifetime and the knowledge and information he passes on to her oozes out of her with great passion.

Lily and Grumpa on their new tag-along bike

Lily's Granny (Granster) is the kindest, softest person who is always there for Lily (and Me) with all the love and cuddles a girl could wish for, with a shared love of sweeties and telling stories Lily loves nothing more than cuddling up to her Granny for a 'chat' more often than not with a cup of tea. I talk to my Mum every single day and she is genuinely my best friend. When Lily grows up I hope more than anything we can have the same friendship I have with my Mum.

Kisses for Granny

Uncle Sam, Lily's Uncle Sam is the cheeky, fun one who when they are together there's bound to be trouble, Mostly instigated by Sam. Lily loves her Uncle Sam, he's taught her a love of sports especially Man United football team and American football. Sam will without a doubt be the one to take Lily out on the town when she is older!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Small Shops of the week

 My Small shops of the week this week are the brilliant @YumSugarAndSpice and @Jellys_Jewels. Completely different businesses who ...